Anyway, some visions that I can think of off the top of my head (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER):
1) Graduate, get a career job, buy a house, contribute to society, not fail at life (these are all related so I'll group them together).
2) Obtain more knowledge in mathematics than Professor Alfred Friedland. He's great if you want to take theoretical math classes.
3) Have an awesome computer setup. Currently, the significant parts to make that would be:
i7-2600k
GTX580 (SLIx2)
2 SSDs
and probably dual 24" monitors.
4) Completely nerd out my room with figurines on glass shelves and posters covering the walls.
5) Jump out of an airplane.
Visions 3, and 4 (and 5, somewhat) are subsequent to vision 1. Visions 1 and 2 are simple and straightforward but require a lot of effort.
As for the video we watched in class, I think a lot of it was redundant. The points were legitimate, but the video itself was drawn out, repetitive, and corny. The professor could have just said the following three lines:
Vision without action is just a dream.
Action without vision merely wastes time.
Vision coupled with action can change the world!
After that, give a few examples. That's basically what the video gets sparknoted into.

Your visions are awesome; you will be able to achieve them only if you really want to, or it might just be a dream. I have been dreaming for so many years. I love your ideas of jumping out an airplane, have awesome computer setup and have more knowledge in math. Math is fun, but I am suck at it. I would like to jump out an airplane, but I have acrophobia. ..>.<”.. I might pass out before I jump... I think computer nerd is awesome and smart. I always want to personalize my pc; change all the icons, background, etc…but…suck at it….. T.T….. There are so many stuffs I still need to learn…So, step by step… Enjoy your life!
ReplyDelete